Friday, May 22, 2009

California here we come!

Our sweet friend is lending us her condo in Coronado for a few days next week, so we will be hitting the beach! Damon has to work, but Tricia is going to drive down with me and both boys for a few days of fun. SeaWorld has generously donated tickets as well as the San Diego Zoo through HopeKids, so we will definitely be taking in those attractions! I am mainly looking forward to just hanging out building sand castles and relaxing.

I went to a seminar yesterday on promoting speech and language for those on the autism spectrum. Ben is on the waiting list for more comprehensive testing, but we are going off of the twenty minute assessment that the neurologist did. Being there I definitely walked away thinking if he is on the spectrum, it is very mild. There are things that are "off" however that I need tools in helping him with. Please pray that I can get him on a good plan and program quickly. Driving home yesterday between the worry of some of Ben's issues and the worry for Aaron I started having an anxiety attack and almost couldn't drive. I am truly in a spot of having to learn to be anxious for nothing but be in prayer for everything.

Aaron will have scans done the first week of June, so of course I am a little nervous! Please pray that the scans are clear, and that Damon and I are able to have peace that week as all of the results come in.

Thanks!
Barbara