Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Heading home soon!

Aaron's counts are up over 2000, and he is doing so well that it looks like we are going home on Thursday! Today is the three week mark, so this is half the time I expected we'd be there. His main problems now are coming from the medicine to treat the c-diff. The side effects are abdominal cramping and other various unpleasant problems, and he seems to be experiencing them all. Thankfully tomorrow he goes off of this medication and should start feeling better. A home health nurse will come out and show us how to hook him up to the fluids and nutrition he will still be getting through the broviac but the doctor feels he will do better at home.

I ran into Dr. Seidel - the surgeon - on the stairs yesterday so I got a few questions answered about the radiation. We can't get in to see our main oncologist about it until April 7th - slightly frustrating. After he told me what he knew about the radiation being prescribed by the study we are on, it is evident we need more opinions and now it is just deciding where to get those and how. Being cancer-free is top priority, but I do not want him to lose his mobility of the leg unless we are sure that is the only option.

I am thankful to be coming home! The exhaustion of sleep-deprivation is kicking in and it will nice to be home. Thank you to everyone who participated in the concert on Saturday. I am so humbled and grateful for your sacrifice of time and resources. I wish I could have been there, but Damon told me that it was good music!

My neighbors are doing another garage sale this Saturday, so if you have anything you are wanting to get rid of we will take it off of your hands! Or, if you are looking for good bargains come by this Saturday between 7 and 11:30. Just email me at rednickels@gmail.com if you have stuff or need directions, etc.

Here is a link to download the poster for the garage sale. Download it and print out as many as you need to help us get the word out: Garage Sale Poster


Thanks! Barbara