Thursday, July 2, 2009

Liver enzymes normal!

Last week they added another liver enzyme test to Aaron's blood work and I got a call that it came back perfectly normal! They are not sure why the previous one had been elevated, but thankfully it is fine now. Also, Aaron started physical therapy last week at PCH. I love his therapist and so does he, and he did a great job. He will go back today for session two. I'll get some pictures to post, and you may even see the slight shadow of hair! His eyebrows are back almost completely, and there is a very fine smattering of hair now on his head.

Ben finished his assessments and as I expected he was diagnosed with autism. The good thing about the diagnosis is it should mean help in getting services. Please just pray that I can find what works for him. I see all of things he can do - he understands what I say, he is very affectionate, he makes great eye contact - and I think that he can make great strides.

I saw this poem, and I thought it was really great. I'm so thankful that at least I have people who will let me talk about "my shoes".

"A Pair of Shoes"
I am wearing a pair of shoes.
They are ugly shoes.
Uncomfortable shoes.
I hate my shoes.
Each day I wear them, and each day I wish I had another pair.
Some days my shoes hurt so bad that I do not think I can take another step.
Yet, I continue to wear them.
I get funny looks wearing these shoes.
They are looks of sympathy.
I can tell in others eyes that they are glad they are my shoes and not theirs.
They never talk about my shoes.
To learn how awful my shoes are might make them uncomfortable.
To truly understand these shoes you must walk in them.
But, once you put them on, you can never take them off.
I now realize that I am not the only one who wears these shoes.
There are many pairs in this world.
Some woman are like me and ache daily as they try and walk in them.
Some have learned how to walk in them so they don't hurt quite as much.
Some have worn the shoes so long that days will go by before they think about how much they hurt.
No woman deserves to wear these shoes.
Yet, because of these shoes I am a stronger woman.
These shoes have given me the strength to face anything.
They have made me who I am.
I will forever walk in the shoes of a woman who has a child with cancer.
~Author unknown


Photobucket

Photobucket