Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Aaron had a fun day yesterday despite circumstances that I thought would be bad! He threw up his morning meds so I was nervous to take him on a car ride to his Aunt and Uncle's house for an Easter get-together. So, wonderful Auntie Elsa and Nonni packed up the party and brought it to us. Then, Aaron had a little blood by his nose, and these tiny red spots all over his face called petachaie so I knew he really needed platelets. He had been looking forward so much to this party that we held off on going to the hospital for an hour so he could have a little fun. Damon took him in and eight hours later they were home. Yes, eight hours for 45 minutes worth of platelets! I was so bummed, but he told me how much fun he had at the hospital, and then the group came back and finished up the party for him! He decorated a bunny cake and eggs and played on the floor. It was awesome! Then he started asking for cheese and was eating (we limited it) and then had part of a roll. This is a major step! So, the day that I thought was ruined turned out great for him thanks to our wonderful family that made it fun here and at the hospital.

Tomorrow I'm calling to try to set up the second opinion with MD Andersen, and please pray that goes well. The information from the radiation oncologist on Friday was pretty depressing, and I am just hopeful we can achieve the same outcome without some of the consequences.

Thanks!
Barbara